Sunday, February 11, 2024

Necktie Party

While out on a day trip with my friend Arturo last summer, we visited and old abandoned house.  I had been to this place in the past, but not for a number of years.  It is now much more deteriorated than it was previously, and some of the contents that were left behind have since been looted.
This is part of that same batch of T-Max 100 4" x 5" sheet film that I processed back on January 12th.  I took this photograph on August 11th 2023 at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a normal focal length 150mm lens.  No filter was used.  The exposure was quite long at 2 minutes as there was not a lot of light in that old bedroom.
These old neckties, shirts and shoes were strewn on the bed in one of the bedrooms.  I doubt the occupants left it like this and it was probably looters rummaging through the contents that dumped this stuff here.  This certainly fits the theme of a human presence that we are trying to convey in the Apparitions project.



No comments: