Sunday, February 18, 2024

Printing - Blackstone Panorama

A short time ago I spent a couple of days down in my darkroom, working on some prints.  One of several negatives that I worked with was this shot of the forest edge, along the Blackstone River.  This spot is along the Forestry Trunk Road, not too far from our cottage.
I shot this image back in 2020, on June 26th, right around high noon.  It was shot with the intention of cropping to this panoramic format.  I shot it with my Ebony 4x5 view camera on Ilford FP4 film.  I gave the negative plus development in Kodak HC-110 Developer to pump up the contrast, as the light was rather flat.  It was shot with a long 240mm lens to get in tight on the treeline, which was actually across the river from where I set up my tripod.  A #25 Red Filter deepened the shadows.
I made two versions of this print.   The small version was printed on 8" x 10" paper and cropped to approx. 5" x 10".  I mounted and matted these and they will be offered for sale at the Beehive Artisan Market in Nordegg.  I also made a large version on 16" x 20" paper, cropped to approx. 10" x 20".  I have this one mounted and matted and will be putting it into a frame, and hanging it at the cottage.




No comments: