Sunday, February 25, 2024

Digital Prints from the Beer Parlour Project

When the Beer Parlour Project visited the Chipman Hotel back in early February, the owner, Dave, requested a print of Gail.  Gail is a long time waitress at the hotel, and she is planning to retire at the end of February.  Dave was planning a retirement party for her, and wanted to give her the print.
I knew that I would not have time to develop the film shots that I had taken, and make a print before the end of the month.  So instead we selected one of the digital images that Connie had taken during the outing.  We had that printed by a photo lab and I dry mounted it and cut an overmat for it.  I delivered it back out to Chipman in mid-February and presented it to Dave.  Of course I had to have it packed up in a large envelope so that Gail wouldn't see it, as the party is going to be a surprise.
The Beer Parlour Project made a return visit to the Victoria Hotel in Bruderheim the night after our stop in Chipman.  We shared some of the digital shots from that outing with Liza, one of the owners of the Victoria.  She really liked the shot of Willy, a 93 year old patron of the hotel and wanted a print to hang in the tavern.  So, we did the same thing with that one.  We had a photo lab make a print from the digital file of the image, once again taken by Connie.  It is Chris' out of focus shoulder that can be seen on the left edge of the image, as he was in the midst of an interview with Willy, when the shot was taken.  While I was finishing the print of Gail, I did the same thing with the print of Willy and dry mounted it and cut an overmat.  While I was out making the delivery to Chipman, I also stopped at the Victoria and dropped off this print as well.
Everyone was really happy with the prints and appreciated our commitment to follow through with them.




No comments: