Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Roots and Leaves - Cathedral Grove

This is another scan from the recently processed batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 4" x 5".  I ran two tanks, each of ten sheets, on my Jobo Processor in PMK Developer.  All of the shots were from Vancouver Island, taken during the trip last fall.
Arturo and Chris and I took a drive inland to visit Cathedral Grove, and later that same day, the Port Alberni area.  Cathedral Grove is part of MacMillan Provincial Park and is an area of old growth forest that includes some huge cedar and fir trees.  There are many big leaf maple trees in the understory, and during our visit the maples were in full color.  
I took this shot along the walking trail in Cathedral Grove.  Cameron Creek is just over the rise.  I shot this on October 26th 2023, at about 1:15 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 90mm lens.



No comments: