Friday, February 23, 2024

Print Changeover at Mimi's Pub

On February 22nd I changed over one of my five prints at Mimi's Pub.  Mimi's is a neighborhood pub a few blocks from our house.  We are regulars there and have been since they opened several years ago.  They recently started a trivia night every Wednesday, and we have gone out to take part on a regular basis.
Our middle daughter Anna recently started working there as a server, so we have even closer ties now than in the past.
I made this 16x20 print back on January 18th, at the same time as I printed my Blackstone Panorama image.  More recently I dry mounted the print and cut a matt and backing for it.  This large format 4" x 5" negative of some bunchberry blossoms was taken in the yard in Nordegg, back in June of 2023.
After Trivia night on Wednesday, I pulled down my print of the Warwick Sunflowers, and brought it home.  That print has been popular, and I made several copies for friends, and actually sold a couple as well.  But it has been on display for several years now, and it was time for a fresh look.  So on Thursday morning I took the frame apart and slide the Bunchberry print into it.  I delivered the frame back to the pub and hung it up later that afternoon.





No comments: