Sunday, February 4, 2024

February Calendar Images

I used this same image in both my Fine Art Calendar, and my David Thompson Country calendars, for the month of February 2024.
I was drawn to the way the snow had drifted around the tree trunks, and the patterns of the shadows.  I took this shot on my property out at Nordegg.  These trees are in between my main cottage and the guest cottage.  If you look really closely, you can see some wire cages in the background.  We have to put chicken wire around all of the pine seedlings that we have been planting, to keep the deer from eating them.
I shot this on March 9th 2023, at about 2:45 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a slightly wide 125mm lens.  A #25 Red Filter lowered the value of the shadows and increased contrast.  This image was taken on Kodak T-Max 100 4" x 5" sheet film, processed in 510 Pyro Developer.  This was not part of the recent batch of T-Max 100 that I have been posting.  This sheet was developed back in September of last year.



No comments: