Thursday, February 29, 2024

First Shot of 2024

This is the first set up I did with my view camera in 2024, but actually the second sheet of film that I exposed.  The first sheet, taken moments before this one, was on Efke PL25M, and I haven't developed it yet.  It will look somewhat different as it is a very slow film, and I used a longer shutter speed.
For this one, I shot a sheet of Ilford Delta 100, and developed it on my Jobo Processor in PMK Developer.  As the subject brightness range was only about 3 stops I elected to rate the film at 160 iso and give N+1 development to increase the contrast.
I shot this on January 2nd 2024, at about 1:00 in the afternoon. This is Shunda Creek as it spills over some rocks on its exit from Beaverdam Lake.   This is about 10 minutes from my cottage out in Nordegg.  This is a great spot to photograph ice formations either early in the winter, or after a mild spell.  It was a mild afternoon as I recall, but down in the shade by the open water of the creek it was very damp and cold.  I remember my fingers getting painfully chilled in operating the metal camera with bare hands.
I used my Ebony SV45Ti view camera and a long Fujinon 300mm lens to get in tight on the ice formation.  The exposure was F51.0 and a shutter speed of 4 seconds.  



No comments: