Sunday, April 23, 2023

Slop Oil

This is the last scan from my recent batch of Ilford FP4+ 4x5, given plus development in Kodak HC-110 Developer.  My friend Arturo and I were out exploring in the summer of 2021.  We were consciously looking for subject matter that fit the idea of things abandoned.  We had the concept in mind, but the Apparitions project had not truly been launched by that point in time.  We came across an abandoned industrial site and wandered around for a while.  These barrels were full of used oil, some were leaking, and they were just left behind at the site.  I don't really think this image captured the mood of the place and perhaps I will return and see if I can do a better job of it.
This images was taken on July 11th 2021 at about 2:00 in the afternoon.  I shot it with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a 125mm Fuji lens, with no filter.



No comments: