Monday, April 17, 2023

Six-O

Today is my sixtieth birthday.  In recent months I have slowly been coming to terms with the fact that I have more life behind me than ahead.  I'm certainly glad that I made the decision to sell my business and retire at the end of 2020.  Retirement life is fantastic...!  As I tell all my working friends, "every day is a Saturday to me".  I can't imagine working until age sixty-five and then hobbling off to pasture.
I'm out at the cottage by myself this week... a very quiet and relaxed birthday with no celebration... just the way I like it.  I'm doing some more electrical work this week, in advance of my mechanical contractor coming out to finish the plumbing, heating and cooling installation.  I'm also doing a little work on the cabinets, in preparation for building counter tops.

No comments: