Saturday, April 22, 2023

Aspen Trunks

Yet another shot of some aspen trunks.  I don't know why, but I am always drawn to these trees.  This grove was on the hillside near Saunders.  The angle relative to the sun is not the greatest, as the view is southward, and the trees are always backlit.  I shot this with a long focal length lens to compress the prespective, and fill the frame with trunks.  This shot was also from the recent batch of Ilford FP4+ 4" x 5" rated at 160 iso and given plus development in Kodak HC-110 developer.  Development was for 14:20 minutes at dilution B, to expand the contrast one zone.
I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Nikkor 300mm lens.  A #8 Yellow filter was added to brighten the value of the trunks a little, and to further increase contrast.  I shot this on August 25th of 2021 at around 5:00 in the afternoon.



No comments: