Sunday, April 16, 2023

Coulee House

This one is also from that recently processed batch of Ilford FP4+ 125 sheet film in 4x5 format.  Like the previous image, and some more to follow, this one was given plus development in Kodak HC-110 Developer, Dilution B [1:31] for 14:20 minutes.
My friend Arturo and I were out exploring in the spring of 2021, looking for subject matter for our Apparitions project.  The project was in it's very early stages at that point, and did not have a name yet, nor a refined artist statement.  We both feel as though the project was already underway before we consciously realized it.  We found this old house near the road, in a cow pasture in central Alberta.  I loved the way the old wall paper had become water stained.  I had to set up my tripod outside and shoot in through an open window to get this shot.  I used my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a slightly wide Fuji 125mm lens with no filter.  It was taken on June 3rd 2021 at about 1:45 in the afternoon on a sunny and mild spring day.



No comments: