Saturday, April 8, 2023

Bathroom Vanity

In between working on all the parts for the drawers, I also continued with the bathroom vanity.  These parts all needed one coat of primer and two coats of paint.  So in between application of this finishing, I ran the tablesaw and worked on the drawers.
By Friday March 31st all the painting was done, and I was ready to assemble the vanity.  I actually started on it late on the afternoon of the 30th.  I discovered that I had cut one of the dados of the vanity in an incorrect location.  Fortunately this was inside the cabinet, against the back wall, where the intermediate shelf meets the back.  I was able to recut this, and infill the incorrect one with a strip of wood.  I patched this with filler and repainted the area, and considering it's location, it will not be visible when the cabinet is done.
By the end of the day Friday, the vanity was pretty much put together.  I left it clamped up so that the glue could dry.  The next time that I work on it I can fill the nail holes and prep the exterior for final painting.  Before I do that I need to face the front with hardwood, and prime and paint that as well.  I don't think I have quite enough hardwood left and will need to pick up a small amount before I can finish.
My Renegades hockey team plays the last game of the regular season on March 31st.  I will miss that game, but intend to be back in the city for the Winter Season Playoffs.  If the guys win or tie that last game, we will finish in fourth place.  In that case our first playoff game would be on Monday April 3rd.  But if the guys lose that last game, either in regulation time or overtime, then we will finish in fifth place.  In that case our first playoff game would be on Saturday April 1st.  I'm awaiting the outcome of that last regular season game and will either head back to the city on the morning of the 1st, or hang around for one more day and continue working on the cabinets.










No comments: