Thursday, April 6, 2023

April Image - David Thompson Country Calendar

This is the image that I selected for the April page of my 2023 David Thompson Country calendar.  The calendar is available for sale at the Beehive Artisan Market in Nordegg.  Some copies of the calendar have been selling, but it is approaching it's best before date and I am running out of time.  As three months of 2023 are now behind us, the remaining calendars have been marked down in price.
This is partially my fault, as I put together the calendar at the last minute.  I did not have them available until shortly before Christmas.  If I am to attempt a 2024 version of the calendar I will have to be more on the ball, and have them ready by around Thanksgiving.
This particular shot is of some late spring ice on the Blackstone River, along the Forestry Trunk Road.  I shot this image in late April of 2021 with my Ebony view camera and a long 300mm lens.  I used a #29 Deep Red filter to lower the value of the water, and increase contrast.  The film was Kodak Tri-X Pan, one of my all time favorites.  I developed in a staining pyro developer which restrained the highlights and retained some value in the bright river ice.



No comments: