Sunday, April 2, 2023

Road Trip

On Sunday March 26th I left Edmonton in the morning, and headed down to East Coulee.  I had all the framed prints for Tim Hortons packed into my truck, and delivered them to the shop in East Coulee.  I left them in the office, and the staff of Dinosaur Valley Studios will look after the installation.
I own the shop in East Coulee and Dinosaur Valley Studios rents it from me.  I am also a shareholder in Dinosaur Valley Studios.  Although I am not active in the day to day operation of the company, I do have an interest.  The contract to supply the prints for Tim Hortons was actually a subcontract through the company.  We are also building a "Dinosaur Hockey Player" that will be installed at Tim Hortons.  It was in the shop and pretty much ready to go when I dropped off the prints.  When the installation is done, the dinosaur will be installed in a "Penalty Box" in a corner of the restaurant.
My close friend and business partner Frank had just returned home to Drumheller the night before my visit to the shop.  He had picked up the skeleton of a Blue Whale from Newport Oregon.  The company will be preparing and mounting the skeleton, and then it will be returned to Newport for installation.  I'll keep tabs on that one as the project goes along.
They are also working on the skeleton of a prehistoric marine reptile called a Mosasaur, and it will be installed out at Carolside Reservoir, east of Drumheller.  A number of marine fossils have been found in that area.  This skeleton is a cast, created from plastic and foam, coated with urethane and then painted.  Its just about ready for the application of the urethane coating and looks really good...!
After I dropped everything off, and poked around the shop for a little while, I headed over to Drumheller.  I met up with Frank there at his house, and we visited for a couple of hours.  By about 4:30 in the afternoon I hit the road.  But rather than return to Edmonton, I cut across country and made the four hour drive out to Nordegg.  I met up with Margarit, Annelise and Helena out at the cottage.  They had driven out earlier in the day.  The girls are off on Spring Break for the last week of March and decided to spend a few days at the cottage with me.






No comments: