Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Beaver Pond

I may have posted another version of this shot previously on my blog.  This is a beaver pond on Shunda Creek, not far from my cottage.  I've shot here with my view camera a number of times.  This is from a recently processed batch of Fuji Neopan Acros 100 developed in Rodinal Developer. 
Rodinal is a very well known developer that has been in use for decades.  It was originally manufactured by the German company Agfa.  Agfa went out of business a number of years ago and many of their fine products are no longer available.  Several manufacturer's have made replacements for Rodinal and I have tried a number of them.  As far as I can tell they seem to perform in a nearly identical matter. I used a developer called APH-09, manufactured by Adox to develop this particular batch.  Development was at 1:50 dilution for 11:00 minutes at 24C.  This yields about a half zone of expansion, increasing contrast somewhat.
This image was taken on June 10th 2022 at about 12:20 in the afternoon.  I shot it with my Ebony SV45TU 4" x 5" view camera and a Rodenstock 90mm lens.  A #25 Red Filter was used to deepen the value of the water, increase contrast, and create separation between the clouds and the sky.



No comments: