Thursday, May 27, 2021

More Wonky Colors

2018 was not a very prolific year for me photographically.  It was the last year of my management of my Skylight company, prior to it being sold.  I was very consumed and overworked and had little free time.  We were also in process of constructing our cottage, so that took much of what little free time I had.  Normally I shoot around 350 sheets of 4x5 film in a calendar year.  In 2018 I only shot 137 sheets of Black and White, 9 Color Negative and 2 Color Transparency.  The two color transparencies were part of the batch that I recently processed in outdated chemistry.  The color palette of these two is a little more realistic than some of the others in that batch, but its still pretty wonky.
One is a shot of an old abandoned farm building in Lamont County.  It was shot in the early part of 2018, in nice winter light.  The second one was a neon sign on the Stettler Motel.  That was taken in the late spring of 2018.  That motel suffered a fire and was condemned and eventually demolished.  I'm not sure what happened to the sign, but I managed to photograph it as part of my "Old Neon" collection, before it disappeared.




No comments: