Friday, May 14, 2021

Vaccine Excitement

In early May, Alberta Health Services announced that vaccination appointments for all residents 12 and older could be booked starting on May 10th.  I thought it was going to be virtually impossible to get a booking within a reasonable period of time.
I was out at the cottage with all of the girls on May 10th, and unfortunately we all slept in.  I got up, around 10:00AM, expecting that I would be spending the entire day trying to book appointments.  I had my computer ready, and my phone by my side, and was getting settled in for a long day.
It turns out that appointments could also be booked at pharmacies.  My first attempt was to call the drug store that we use, right by our house.  To my amazement I got through on the first try.  I was able to book vaccination appointments for all three girls.  We don't even have to wait all that long... and the appointments are all in less than three weeks, on May 28th.
Margarit and I got our Astra Zeneca vaccinations back on April 12th.  We should have reasonable protection by now, and should be able to go in for our second booster shot in late June or early July.  I believe that the girls will be getting the Pfizer vaccine, as I don't believe that the Astra Zeneca one has been approved yet for younger people.  It will be such a relief when we are all protected.  

No comments: