Thursday, May 13, 2021

Yet Another Watercolor

It was mostly an inside day at the cottage today... May 8th.  We got another 10mm of rain today, plus the snow that my weather station didn't really record.  Unless the snow melts directly into the measuring receptacle of my weather station, the amount is just not properly recorded.  The snow is gone now, but the forecast is for continued unsettled weather in the coming days.  I went for a walk around the subdivision and it was nice to get out and move around a little.  A number of the new neighbors are out for the weekend, attempting to get started on the lot clearing and cottage construction.  I remember days like that, stuck outside in the cold and wet, trying to get some work done.  The first year that we were out at our place we had our holiday trailer parked on the property.  I'm so grateful that our cottage is now finished and we have such a nice comfortable place to relax and enjoy the mountains, despite the weather.
Later in the afternoon I attempted yet another watercolor.  I sort of used an online image of another watercolor artist's painting as a guide, but modified it to my own composition.  I think I am getting to the point that I am starting to like my work... a little.  I still don't think I'd consider framing this one, but it is getting closer to where I want to be.  I've lost count as to how many paintings I've done now.  I think this is around number eleven.  




No comments: