Friday, May 14, 2021

Industrial Site

Here are a couple more of the wonky color transparencies that I just processed.  In October of 2017 my friend Nigel and I took a drive out to an abandoned industrial site west of the city.  As is usual for me, most of my shooting was on Black and White film.  I was out with my Ebony SV45TU view camera and a selection of lenses.  On this day I also took a couple of shots on color transparency film.  Both images were taken on Fujichrome Velvia 100F.  This particular batch of film expired in July of 2006, and had been sitting in film holders since November of 2016.  As with the rest of my recent batch of film I stored these exposed sheets in my fridge until recently.  They were processed in a batch of E-6 chemistry that expired in 2008.  The color shift ruined many of the images in this batch, but I think it worked well with the shot of the graffiti.  Those bold paint colors in the contrasty light of that concrete foundation worked well.  




No comments: