Saturday, May 15, 2021

Windmill House

With my color film processing wrapped up I packed up my Jobo processor and made some space in my darkroom.  A week ago I processed a batch of black and white film.  This was Fuji Neopan Acros 100 in 4" x 5" format, processed in Rodinal developer.  There were a number of good images in this batch and I will be scanning and sharing some of them in the coming days.
This particular shot is a very recent one.  It is of an old house, in an abandoned yard with a windmill.  Arturo, Fred and I recently visited this site and had landowners permission to photograph there.  The old house was empty, but I always love the texture and tonality of weathered wood.  This one is particularly interesting as there are some old parts and junk hanging on the wall, as well as the weathered marks where other stuff used to hang.  I think it adds to the interest of the image.  This one might be worth making a print of.....



No comments: