Friday, May 21, 2021

Foggy Morning

The sun rising above Eagle Peak, to the east, woke me up on the morning of Tuesday Mary 18th.  It was around 6:30 or so when I got up.  I looked outside and saw that there was a fog.  I was not really surprised, as the evening before, when I went for a walk around the subdivision some heavy clouds were beginning to roll in.  A change in the weather seemed imminent.  I had a quick shower, got dressed, and went outside with my view camera.  I attempted to take a couple of shots in the woods behind the cottage.  I was trying to capture the sun breaking through the trees and burning off the fog.  Working as quickly as I could, it seems I ran out of time.  I did a couple of setups with the view camera, but the fog was already dissipating by the time I shot anything.  Overhead I could see that the sky was clear, and it looked as though we would have a nice sunny day.  I put away the view camera at around 8:30, when Scott showed up to continue working on our site next door.  The sunny skies were short-lived and some cloud rolled in almost right away.  We had a couple of light showers in the morning, and then a period of snow pellets in the afternoon.  The forecast is calling for rain turning to snow overnight.  In talking to Margarit in the evening, I learned that they had heavy rain and some snow accumulation back in Edmonton.  It was nothing like that out here in the mountains, but I'll have to wait and see what the evening brings.








No comments: