Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Here we go again...!

Hailey spent a couple of days out at the cottage by herself.  I drove out and joined her on Thursday May 6th.  She had to head home on Friday morning as she had a couple of shifts at work over the weekend.  Margarit and the other two girls drove out to join me on Friday evening.  They brought my old 2004 Dodge Ram truck out.  I am keeping that one as long as I can as it has a standard transmission and those aren't made any more.... and way too much fun to drive...!  The transmission and clutch in the truck are relatively new, as I replaced them after the trip to Utah in 2015.  I just had some service work done on the truck to deal with a couple of leaks on the drive train... mostly at the transfer case.  That old truck will now stay out at Nordegg and we will use it to haul stuff to the dump and the burn pit, and to pound around on the backroads.
It was windy on Friday, but fairly pleasant until late in the afternoon.  Then the temperature dropped and it started to rain.  By the time the girls arrived at around 8:30 it was just a degree or two above freezing.  We got over half and inch of rain that evening, and then overnight it turned to snow.  When I got up on Saturday morning there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground and it was till coming down heavily.





No comments: