Saturday, May 8, 2021

Finished at Last...!

I believe that I am officially finished construction at the cottage.  I just finished installing the antique window into our cellar door.  Baseboards in the spare room were done a week ago.  I don't think there is anything left to build.  There is still a little touch up painting to do, and some corner protectors around the breakfast nook.  And, I want to print and frame some photographs to hang on the walls.  I also have a couple of large posters and a map to frame and hang.  But the building part is now officially done.  Construction officially got underway in July of 2017, when the foundations started to go in.  Here we are, just under four years later, and we are complete.  We met the County requirement to be finished to lockup [exterior complete] in 19 months.  Now we can move on to our guest cottage.





No comments: