Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Upper Cabinets

After my final visit of the season to the Nordegg Mine Site I set to work on a few chores around the guest cottage.  The last time I was out I finished painting the two upper cabinets.  This time around I brought some yellow acrylic doors with me.
I went to my old company, Mac Plastics, and got them to cut me the yellow acrylic.  This stuff was old...!   As a result the paper masking was really dried on.  I recall buying this stock about 25 years ago, when I ran the company, and they still had a couple of these sheets of yellow left.  It sure took a long time to peel all the masking off, but eventually it worked.  The price was right, as the new management team just gave the material to me.
Once that masking was dealt with I was able to put the cabinets up, install the acrylic doors, and put away all the dishes that we have been accumulating.
I also finished up some picture rails that I made for Margarit.  These will be coming back home to the city and will get installed in our kitchen.  I stained them to match our kitchen cabinets back home, and got a couple of coats of lacquer put on them.  The long suffering Mrs Pohl has been patiently waiting for a lot of years for me to get to this project.
I rounded out my visit to the cottage by playing a round of golf... likely the last one of the season... and making a run to the dump.
My middle daughter Ryan and her boyfriend Braeden were out with me.  On the morning of October 4th I left the cottage and headed north to Edson.  I was meeting up there with Chris and Arturo to explore a couple old hotels for the Beer Parlour Project.  Margarit left the city about the same time I left Nordegg and she joined the two young kids at the cottage, and stayed there with them for a few more days.







No comments:

Post a Comment