Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Last Visit to the Mine

The Nordegg Mine Site closed to public tours just after the Labor Day Long Weekend.  The staff stay on site through the month of September and deal with maintenance issues, and getting things shut down for the winter.  By the end of September the site gets locked up until spring.  I was able to get permission to go into the site one last time, before they shut things down for the season.  There was a crew working on site with some heavy equipment, dealing with some landscaping and drainage issues.  I gave them a wide berth and took advantage of the opportunity to get a few more photographs taken.
It was a little cool on September 30th when I went in for the afternoon, and the temperature only peaked at around 10 or 12 degrees.  But there was beautiful fall light, and the aspens were in full color.  I spent several hours wandering around and taking yet more photographs.
Over the upcoming winter months I will process all of the film that I shot this year on my various visits to the site, and try to get a number of the better images printed.  The Clearwater County staff want to showcase some of my prints in the visitor center next spring.












No comments:

Post a Comment