Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Picket Fence on CatLabs 80

This negative is from the mixed batch of film that I recently processed in Kodak HC-110 developer.  The stuff that was shot on Ilford HP5 and Bergger Pancro 400 turned out just fine.  The handful of sheets that were shot on CatLabs 80 film, mostly exhibited the same mottling problem that I had in the past.  
This one is not too bad.  The mottling may still be there... can't tell for sure from the scan.  But the background is such that the mottling would blend in and not be so obvious.  I actually don't mind the tonality of this image and may go back to the supplier and see if they are willing to send me some replacement film.
This image was shot with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Fujinon 125mm lens with no filter.  It was taken on August 10th 2021 at about 1:30 in the afternoon.  I rated the film at iso 64 [rather than the box speed of 80 iso] to provide slightly improved shadow values.  Development was in Kodak HC-110, Diultion B, for 9:15 minutes at 20 degrees C.



No comments: