Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Astoria River

This is the last image from the recently processed batch of T-Max 100 sheet film.  This was processed in 510 Pyro developer, diluted 1:100, for 7:45 minutes at 24C.  This staining developer restrains highlights, which is evident in the high values of the river.  
I liked the way that the backlighting was illuminating the foreground aspens in fall color.  I used a #8 Yellow filter to pump this up a little.  I don't think the scan really does this justice and perhaps I'll take a shot at printing this one next time I hit the darkroom for a print session.
This was taken on the Monochrome Guild Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper National Park, last October.  This is the Astoria River, on Highway 93A.  I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Fujinon 125mm lens.



No comments: