Monday, May 15, 2023

Blackmud Rapids

This image was taken on one of my few remaining sheets of Agfapan 25 film.  The film expired in 1990, so it is over 30 years past it's best before date.  It continues to yield some spectacular images, so it will be a sad day when I use up the very last of my stock.
I processed this in Adox APH-09 developer [the original Rodinal formulation] at 1:50 for 13:00 minutes.  The shot was taken down in Blackmud Creek Ravine, a short distance from my house in the city.  I shot this on May 15th 2022, a year ago to the day, at about 3:15 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Nikkor 200mm lens.  A six stop neutral density filter allowed a very long exposure of 60 seconds, which created the dreamy look in the moving water.  It's kind of a gimmicky technique that a lot of photographers play around with and I never seem to grow tired of it.



No comments: