Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Crystal Springs

This old boat has been rotting away in the bush, on private property, for many years.  I've known about it for a long time, and have photographed it numerous times in the past.  It has certainly deteriorated a lot further in recent years.   There is not much opportunity to photograph marine related subject here on the prairies, so when something like this is found, it tends to be exploited.
This is from a recent batch of Fuji Neopan Acros 100 processed in Rodinal 1:50.  I used the Adox APH-09 version this time around, and processed for 11:00 minutes at 24C.  I find this yields about half a zone of expansion, increasing contrast just a little.
I shot this on July 11th 2022 at about 11:30 in the morning.  I rated the film at 80 iso and shot with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a slightly wide Schneider 110mm lens.  No filter was used.



No comments: