Friday, May 5, 2023

May Image - David Thompson Country Calendar

This is the image I selected for the May page of my 2023 David Thompson Country calendar.  This is an older shot, dating back almost twenty years to May 24th 2004.  It was taken at around 11:00 in the morning.  This was long before we bought our property out at Nordegg and I was just out for a day trip to photograph in the area.  I shot this with my old [and very heavy] Sinar F1 monorail camera.  A long 300mm lens was used to get in tight on the sandspit.  
This sandspit shows up every spring when the water level in Abraham Lake is low.  The dam is closed in the spring and by early summer this sandspit disappears under the waters of the reservoir.  
I believe that there are still a few copies of my calendar left for sale at the Beehive Artisan Market in Nordegg.  Being at this late point in the year, the remaining copies have been discounted.



No comments: