Friday, May 12, 2023

Forgotten Cars

I took this shot last summer, when Margarit and I traveled to Saskatchewan with Arturo and Sharon.  The purpose of the trip was to take some photographs for the Apparitions project.  I think we succeeded as we both got a handful of strong images.  This is one of the last sheets of film that I had remaining to be processed.
This was shot on Agfapan 25.  I really like this film, but it was discontinued several decades ago.  As they say in photography circles...  expired but still fired.   I only have a handful of sheets of this film left and I expect to run out sometime this year.  The expiry date on the box was 1990.
I processed this film in Adox APH-09, one of the Rodinal formulations.  The developer was diluted to 1:50 and development was for 13:00 minutes.  
I took this shot on July 14 2022 at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a long Nikkor 300mm lens.  A #8 Yellow filter was used to increase separation in the sky.  I cropped the image a little from it's original 4" x 5" proportions.



No comments: