Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year

2022 was a pretty good year... all things considered.   The Covid pandemic seems to be largely behind us, at least for now.  People are still getting sick, but for the most part the infections are mild.  Hopefully we do not see a new variant in 2023, and life can continue to return to normal... whatever that is.
My girls are doing well in school and are beginning to think about post secondary education, at least in the case of the two older girls.  Many of the struggles with anxiety and attendance seem to be behind them.
Margarit and I are beginning to be able to spend more couples time together.  We made two trips in 2022... to Saskatchewan in the summer and to Crowsnest Pass in the fall.  In between that we managed to get out to the cottage on our own a couple of times.
Hank became part of our family this year and we are all really enjoying having the little trouble maker around.
Personally I have been able to get seriously involved in a couple of photography projects... Apparitions and the Beer Parlor Project.  My friends and I also managed a couple of shows for the Coal in Alberta Project, and I was involved in a couple of exhibitions with the Society of Canadian Artists.
Although I didn't find much time for watercolor painting, or fly-fishing, I did get a lot of work accomplished in the guest cottage, and took up golf.
Despite the political issues in our province and our country... not to mention all the local political issues at the municipal level... and the concerns about high inflation... I think that 2022 was a pretty good year.  I look forward to even better in 2023.

No comments: