Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Apparitions Project - Drill Press

This old drill press was in the same blacksmith shop that the workbench was in.  I posted a shot of that workbench a few days ago.  The large drive belt visible in the background would have been looped onto the flywheel on the face of the drill.  The other end of the belt was on an overhead drive shaft, that was powered by a gas engine.  A most fascinating place, and it looks as though the owner just took his gloves and safety goggles off and left for the day... but I'll bet they've been laying there a lot longer than that...!  
I shot this in June of last year with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a wide 90mm lens.  Light levels were pretty low inside the old shop, and no filter was necessary.  The film was Kodak T-Max 100, developed in 510 Pyro.  I shot this with the intention of including it for consideration in the Apparitions project.



No comments: