Tuesday, January 3, 2023

1979 Yamaha Enticer 300

It was a bit like musical chairs, but I finally got the snowmobiles going.  I had to put a new battery into one of our ATV's.  Once I did that I was able to start it and move it out of the garage... along with the other more regularly used one.  Then I was able to eventually get both snowmobiles started and moved them out.  The ATV's went back in first, and then the snowmobiles behind them.  This will allow us to access the snowmobiles through the winter months.  Right now we have some snow, but conditions are not ideal.  We got about 5mm on rain on Boxing Day, which in combination with the +8 temperatures, put a heavy crust on the snow.  Despite that, the girls and I got both of the snow machines out for a spin.  This includes the old 1979 Yamaha that I restored a few years ago.
The engine and the carb were rebuilt, the seat was reupholstered, and the skis and the windshield replaced.  It was a little hard starting as the fuel remaining in it was old, and it had only been started once over the summer.  But eventually she fired and Hailey and her little sister took her out for a spin....!




No comments: