Saturday, December 10, 2022

War Wounds

I made it back to the city, from Nordegg, on December 5th.  Its been super busy since then, catching up on a whole bunch of chores and appointments.  That included a late hockey game on December 6th.
My Renegades team played a game at 10:45 on Tuesday evening against the Jagerbombers.  We won the game by a score of 7-2.  In the process, I foolishly decided to stand in front of our net and block a slapshot coming at me from the blueline.  I should have stepped aside and let our goaltender see it, and stop the shot.  After all, he's the one wearing all the heavily padded equipment.  But it happened too quickly, and I took the shot right in the thigh.  Just above the shinpad and just below the hockey pants, at a point where there is no padding.  I certainly felt it, but finished the game.  A couple of days later a huge purple bruise developed.  I have to get over it quickly as there is another game coming up on the 11th.
Our team is in second place in our division with a record of 12 wins and 2 losses.  We are just one point behind the division leading Patriots, who have 12 wins, 1 loss and 1 overtime loss.  Our only two losses are to the Patriots... both close games.  We also lead the division in penalty minutes.......



No comments: