Sunday, December 18, 2022

Interior Doors

On December 15th I got a bit of a late start.  I didn't sleep well, and ended up dozing off in the morning, and sleeping in for a bit.  After morning coffee and breakfast I finally got busy over in the guest cottage by about noon.
I carried on where I had left off the day before, and continued on the interior doors.  I chamfered the edges, chiseled the rabbet for the door latches, and sanded out the doors for the second bedroom and for the bathroom.  I got primer applied to both sides of the second bedroom door.
I got a much earlier start on Friday the 16th.  I started out in the garage, and attempted to move around the ATV's.  But one of the batteries was dead, and I wasn't able to start it.  I had hoped to be able to move the snowmobiles to the front of the garage, but that didn't happen.  I left a battery charger on the ATV overnight, and hopefully tomorrow it will start.  But, I'm not all the optimistic as I think the battery was dead and froze in the recent cold snap.  I'll probably have to replace it.
I did pull out the table saw and cut up a bunch of black poplar for trim.  Then I went back over to the guest cottage and went back to work.  I applied a coat of paint to both sides of the door for the east bedroom.  The paint that I am using is a pastel yellow color, Benjamin Moore Light Daffodil.  I think this will look good and fit with the pastel blue I am using on the trim and cabinets... Benjamin Moore Blue Flower.  We are decorating the cottage in a vintage 1950's style.  We have a dinette table with Charcoal Boomerang laminate on the surface and chrome legs and trim.  The vinyl chairs are a pastel yellow color with white trim and chrome legs.  The kitchen appliances are buttercup yellow.  The floor tiles will be black and white checkerboard.  It is beginning to come together....
After that first coat of paint had dried I moved the door out of the way.  The second coat will need to be applied with a roller, so as to minimize the brush streaks and leave a lightly textured surface.  With that first door out of the way I applied lacquer to a bunch of the trim that I cut....







No comments: