Monday, December 5, 2022

Another Calendar

I decided to try making a second 2023 calendar.  This one will not be given away to friends, rather it will be put up for sale at the Beehive Artisan Market in Nordegg.  It was kind of a last minute decision, and if I do it again next year, I will be better prepared, and have these put together sooner.  
I discovered that the company that I used to print my other calendar also offers a 12" x 12" size.  This allows me to use both portrait and landscape format images in the 4x5 aspect ratio, without any cropping.  I put together a collection of images all from the West Country near our cottage.  I ordered 20 copies of the calendar and if they are well received, and sell out, then I can order more.  If not, then I won't have invested too much, and won't get stuck with too many.  I'll share the images from that calendar here on my blog, over the coming months.  For now, here is the cover image from the calendar.  This is a shot of Ram Falls, dating back several years.  
Sadly this area was slated to be mined for coal... although current plans have been put on hold, there is no legislation in place that outright bans mining in this area.  Something to think about the next time we are scheduled to mark a ballot.



No comments: