Thursday, November 18, 2021

Dry Haven

On my way back to the east and towards the dump I decided to stop at the campsite along Dry Haven Creek.  The tracks in the snow suggested that there were two campers there over night, and that they both bailed out in the morning.  There were some bird tracks as well and I'm not sure if they were from a Raven or a Grouse.  There was no one else around.
I wandered around for a bit and here in the trees it was quite sheltered and pleasant.  The temperature was a little above freezing at this point, and it was not was snowing as it had been further west.  I dug my big camera out of the truck and wandered around down by the creek.  I managed to do a couple of sets ups of the snow and ice with the open water.  There were some cool ice bells hanging on a spruce branch, but it was in an almost inaccessible location, and very difficult to try and get a clear shot of.  I attempted it with the view camera, but it was probably just a waste of film....
After spending a pleasant hour here and attempting these setups with the big camera, I packed up and continued on to the dump.  By the time I got back near Nordegg, the skiff of snow that had fallen overnight was pretty much gone.  The clouds thinned a little, and the sun sort of showed a bit, but it never really broke through.  All the same the temperature did get up to about +5 or so.






No comments: