Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Abraham Lake

On the morning of Sunday November 14th I got up early.  I was awake at 5:30 and out of bed by 6:00.  No particular reason, I just couldn't sleep anymore.  I had a shower and some coffee, but had to hang around the cottage for a while, waiting for it to get light, and warm up.  The forecast was calling for a daytime high of around +10, but it never made it that high.  I think it got up to about +5 or +6, but no more.  The cloud cover stayed rather heavy and the sun never really made it out.
By mid morning I got going and headed for a drive up to Abraham Lake.  I was originally intending to drive up to the Kootenay Plains and maybe to the Spreading Creek Burn... but I never made it that far.  By the time I got to the elbow of the lake it was snowing fairly heavily, and not very pleasant.  I stopped in a couple of places along the lake and wandered around for a bit.  The wind was actually not as bad as it usually is.  But the snow was coming down, the clouds were low, and the light was flat as a pancake.  I took a few snapshots with my phone but quickly realized that large format photography was just not going to happen here.  I did find some snow blasted tree trunks that looked kind of cool, and some squirrel tracks in the snow... but setting up the big camera was not realistic.  I turned back to the east and decided to drop off the load of garbage that I had with me, at the dump.








No comments: