Sunday, November 14, 2021

Eating out of your hand

On the morning of Wednesday November 10th I picked up some groceries, and then went and picked up the wood stove.  By about noon I was ready to hit the road.  Helena came along with me, and we headed out to the cottage.  We made a brief stop in Leduc for fuel and for lunch and then carried on our way.  We arrived out at the cottage in the mid-afternoon.  At this time of year mid-afternoon feels like late evening, as the sun is very low on the horizon all day long, and begins to set around 4:30.
Thursday was Remembrance Day...  I tinkered around in the guest cottage through the day, and observed a minute of silence at one point.  Helena spent the day playing outside with Artlette, the daughter of our next door neighbor.  During the day I showed Helena how I whistled for the Whiskeyjacks and showed her that they would often come for food, and eat out of your hand.  She gave it a try, and was thrilled to have these very social birds around.  At one point she even had two of them sitting on her hand at the same time.
Margarit came out later in the evening and I made a batch of my Beef Stroganoff for dinner.  We all enjoyed a nice evening together... even though the other two girls weren't with us.




No comments: