Saturday, November 27, 2021

The Bulge

The day after I completed the batch of FP4, I decided to process a second batch of film.  This was a batch of 4x5 sheet film... Foma Retropan 320 Soft.  This is kind of an old school emulsion that gives a soft, dreamy sort of look.  I try to enhance that somewhat by developing it in Microphen.  This developer dramatically increases the grain in the film, and in my mind helps to soften the image even further.  I don't use this film a lot, but from time to time I shoot something with it.  I've accumulated a batch of 20 sheets that need processing, dating back to 2017.
This is the first one from that batch.  It is some bulged and water stained plaster in an old abandoned building.  I thought the soft look might add to the nostalgic feel of the image.  Not sure if it helped..?



No comments: