Thursday, November 4, 2021

Approved

On October 28th I headed back out to Nordegg.  This time my brother-in-law Shawn came along.  The electrical inspector was scheduled to come out and check my rough in work on Friday.
My contractor and one of his subtrades showed up on Friday morning.  They put in the chimney for the wood stove, and the plumbing vent.  Shortly afterwards, the electrical inspector showed up.  He had a quick look at everything and asked me a few questions about what I had done.  He approved it all without any deficiencies, and said that we were free to continue with insulation.  So that's what we did.  Literally minutes after the guys got down off the roof and the inspector left, it started to snow.  It snowed moderately for most of the afternoon and we got accumulations of about 3/4 of an inch.
Shawn and I spent the rest of Friday and got most of the insulation installed.  When we got up on Saturday morning, it was really cold.  It had cleared overnight and the temperature dropped to about -14C.  We waited until late morning, for things to warm up, before going back to work.  I ran a small electric heater off of a long extension cord and it helped to keep the chill out of the cottage.  By the end of the day we had all of the insulation installed, and had started on the vapor barrier.










No comments: