Saturday, December 10, 2016

Gog Creek in Color

Here is another color scan from my recent batch of large format E-6 color transparencies.  This shot, of Gog Creek, was taken in Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park back in September.  After flying in to the lodge on the 14th, Margarit and I spent September 16th hiking up along Gog Creek to Wonder Pass.  I feel that this is one of the strongest images of the trip.  Although it is the black and white negative that most interests me, this color transparency turned out nicely too.  It was taken with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Schneider Super Symmar XL 80mm lens.  The lens was stopped down to F22.0 and a shutter speed of 18 second rendered a little motion in the rushing water.  I used a color polarizing filter as well.  The film was Fujichrome Astia 100F in a QuickLoad film packet.  As usual, this film was outdated, having expired 10 years ago, back in September of 2006.  I think the colors held fairly true this time around as I didn't have to do much with the scan.


No comments: