Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Another Color Scan

A return to some of the recently processed color stuff.  This one was taken at the beginning of April, back in 2015.  The girls and I had taken a Spring Break trip down to the Oregon Coast.  This shot was taken from the front deck of the house that we rented, which overlooked Agate Beach and Yaquina Head, near Newport.  This was a night shot, taken in the blue light of twilight, shortly after 8:00PM., and after the sun had set. I shot it with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Nikkor 300mm lens, on Fujichrome Provia 100 film.  The fading light was very low, only registering an Exposure Value of EV4 on my spotmeter.  I stopped the lens down to F22.0 and used a 1 minute exposure.  This long exposure contributed to the color shift, and rendered the surf as a blur.  As with most of my color work this film was outdated, with a best before date of 2010.  This probably also contributed to the cool color shift.  I've adjusted the contrast and brightness of the scan a little, but otherwise this is pretty much a straight shot... at least as the old film and process chemistry rendered the scene.  I did not use any color filters or make any outlandish adjustments in Photoshop.  I did crop from 4" x 5" proportions to his more panoramic presentation.


No comments: