Saturday, December 10, 2016

Back to Black and White

I've been posting quite a bit of color work lately.  This is only because I've recently completed my bi-annual color C-41 and E-6 processing.  This was three years worth of film, and it will probably be a couple years before I get around to shooting and processing the next batch.  There will be a few more that I will put up here on my blog in the next little while, but my main focus is black and white and I'd like to return to that for a bit.  This one was taken back in May of 2014, on one of the Spring Photo Weekend trips out with the gang from the Monochrome Guild.  Margarit was along with me on this trip, as well as three other Guild members.  We travelled to the Columbia Valley in southeastern British Columbia, not far from Radium Hot Springs.  This old cedar stump was obviously logged off many years ago as the second growth forest around it was very mature and established.  I shot this with my Ebony SV45TE and a Schneider Super Symmar XL 110mm lens.  The film was Ilford Delta 100.  I remember that I used a #11 yellow green filter, in an attempt to lighten the values of the moss on the stump and on the roots.  The film was given plus development for added contrast, processed in PMK.

No comments: