Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Finished with 2014

I have now finally finished processing all of my large format 4" x 5" sheet film from the 2014 calendar year.  Mostly these were black and white negatives, but there was a little bit of color as well.  Those that have ever been out shooting with me know that I keep very detailed notes on exposure and processing.  I find this helpful as at the time that I am setting up the photograph, it forces me to slow down a little and seriously consider the camera set up and the exposure.  The processing notes are also helpful down the road, providing valuable information as I work to refine my film and developer combinations.  From those notes I also put together a spread sheet with some basic information about each negative.  I find this really helpful whenever I have to dig into my files and find an old negative for printing.  I can enter some search criteria into the spread sheet and quickly find the appropriate negative.  Just considering up to the end of 2014 I now have well over 6000 black and white negatives.  This doesn't include any color work, nor does in include all of the images taken since 2014.
During the year that was 2014 I exposed 430 sheets of 4" x 5" black and white film.  This was on 13 different kinds of film, with 12 different lenses.  Images were taken during all 12 months of the year, mostly with my Ebony SV45TE camera, but a few were also taken with my Sinar F1 monorail camera.  In addition to this black and white work I also took nine color negatives and five color transparencies.  Most of the strongest images have already been shared here on my blog and on my Flickr account at https://www.flickr.com/photos/130527519@N08/
I can now concentrate on some printing for a while as I haven't done any serious work for nearly a year now.  I have a few pieces that I need to get put together for some upcoming events in the new year.  I can also turn my attention to processing some of my more recent work from 2015 and 2016.

No comments: