Monday, October 19, 2020

Foggy Morning

I headed out to the cottage on the afternoon of Thursday October 8th.  It was a cool and overcast day and by the time I arrived it was raining a little.  The rain didn't amount to much and we only got about 6mm. But it was needed as we haven't had any rain to speak of for about a month.  I brought out the compact washer and dryer that we recently bought and managed to offload them into the garage for the time being.  After I had finished unpacking all the groceries and other stuff that I brought I settled down in the cottage.  I got a fire going to get the chill out and then made a quick supper.  I watched a documentary on DVD for a while before heading off to bed.  I've been plagued with a really sore back the last few days.  It started with the sleep in the trailer last weekend on the shitty mattress.  It got worse with the 15km of hiking and climbing in the badlands.  And then got worse still when I played hockey.  It didn't help much that I sat at a desk at work for three days and never really loosened it up.  But now it feels good...!
When I got up on Friday morning the temperature was right around zero and there was a heavy fog.  I got out for a bit with my view camera and took a couple of photos before heading in for breakfast and coffee to start the day.
Margarit and the girls will be coming out for the Thanksgiving weekend and we will be having our big turkey dinner on Saturday evening.  Margarit's brother Shawn will be joining us.  Due to the Covid restrictions we need to keep our gathering very small and didn't invite any other family.  
I have three days booked off from work after the long weekend and will be staying out to catch up on some chores.







No comments: