Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Bishop Place

A family named Bishop once lived in this rather majestic house in southern Alberta.  I visited it in the late summer of 2019 with my friends Chris and Connie.  Margarit and the girls were along with us exploring.  If I had to guess I would estimate that the home was abandoned in the 1970's.  This guess is based not only on the decor, but also the state of deterioration, and the fixtures and remaining furnishings in the house.  Note the huge piles of pigeon droppings under each perch.  A heap on each window sill and more beneath each the hanging light fixtures.  The birds have been making deposits here for quite some time.  I took this shot with my 4x5 view camera and a 90mm wide angle lens.  It was on Ilford HP5 film, developed in 510 Pyro.



No comments: