Saturday, October 31, 2020

Wedding Prints

Back in July I photographed a wedding out at Nordegg with my large format camera.  The daughter of our next door neighbors got married on July 25th.  They had a digital photographer doing their main wedding photos but I complimented those by taking a few black and white shots with my view camera.  This was a bit out of my comfort zone as although I have shot weddings before, never with the big camera.  It is very slow to set up and there simply is not much time and patience towards the photographer on a day such as this.  But, I managed to get three pretty decent negatives out of the four sets ups that I attempted.  I printed these recently and I'm generally pleased with the results.  I did a batch of 11x14 prints back in mid October.  But I messed up and accidentally ran hot water into the print washer.  This damaged the emulsion on some of the prints, including the best ones.  So a few days later I ran another batch and printed more.  A week ago I brought a few of the extra prints out to Nordegg and gave them to my neighbors Rob and Brenda.  They were thrilled with them.  I kept back the best ones and will drymount, mat and frame some of those.  I recently took all my picture frame stock and stored it at my shop down in East Coulee.  So I will need to pick some up before I can carry on with this.  I gather that the digital wedding photographer has not provided any prints yet so it is kind of nice to beat them to the punch.



No comments: