Monday, October 19, 2020

Thanksgiving at Nordegg

We had our family Thanksgiving Dinner out at the cottage in Nordegg on Saturday October 10th.  The Covid situation prevented us from having the big family dinner that we usually do.  We did invite Margarit's brother Shawn out to celebrate with us, so we were a group of six.
I stuffed the turkey and peeled potatoes and got things ready to go in the early afternoon.  The turkey went into the oven around 2:30PM.  Margarit and Helena arrived later that afternoon.  By about 6:00PM everything was ready and we sat down to the big feed.
On Sunday morning I finally got out of bed by around 9:30 and set to work on doing all the dishes from the night before.  Shawn gave me a hand and we got through most of them by the time the girls got up.  They made breakfast pizza for brunch and all ate at around noon.  After that was done Shawn and Hailey and Anna and I went for an ATV ride into town.  We found some trails that took us up above the old mine site.  By mid afternoon we headed back to the cottage and Hailey packed up.  She had to head home on Sunday evening as she had a work shift on holiday Monday.  The rest of us stayed behind and had a lazy afternoon.  By evening we put together a meal of burgers and salad.
On holiday Monday everyone packed up and headed back to the city... except me.  I am off work until Thursday, so I will be staying a bit longer.  Before leaving Margarit and Shawn helped me pass the new washer and dryer down the hatch into the basement.
I got a few chores done around the cottage on Saturday afternoon.  I finished some drywall repairs and did some touch up painting.  I also installed two braces to the upper level glass railing.  I reinstalled and relocated a couple of shelves that had to be moved to accommodate the braces.  Not sure exactly what else I'll continue with for the next few days but the list is long.....!



No comments: